So, I was perusing Amazon when I happened to stumble across White Knight Chronicles II for pre order.
I was a little stunned that I had not heard anything about this game, until I did some digging and found out that that was because WKCII came out last year…just not in America. -__-
Wikipedia claims that WKCII is coming out in September, but Amazon claims a release date of December 31st of this year. It may simply be that Amazon is playing it safe, so we’ll have to see about that.
- Japan: July 8, 2010
- Europe: June 10, 2011
- Australia and New Zealand: June 9, 2011
Seriously? New Zealand got this game before us? New Zealand?!
Single and multiplayer mode have returned, thank goodness. Players will be able to transfer their character from WKC into WKCII along with equipment (amazing!) and guild ranks. You will also be able to share that character in multiplayer mode.
The game also includes all of the content from the first game with the (hopefully improved) features of the sequel. Gameplay will thus reach over one hundred hours.
I think it’s pretty strange that they include the old game, but it will give me a good excuse to get rid of the old one for some moolah.
Overall, it sounds like the old game with some new tricks.
The gameplay itself is supposedly improved, making battles more fast-paced, and the characters now have new spells and skills, such as duel-wielding weapons. There are also more combos, new armor and weapons to make, new enemies, and new dungeons.
Another new feature is the ability to create and customize your own Incorruptus that can be used in both single and multiplayer modes.
The Georama system, the online mode that let players create their own town, is returning, but with changes. Players can now play with their friends in online quests of up to six characters instead of four, for example.
Other than that, graphics and speed are improved, as we would expect.
I know NOTHING of the plot. Even the folks who saw it at E3 don’t mention the plot other than to say that they’ve been told it goes deeper than the plot of the first game. You would think, with the game already out, that I would be able to find a plot summary.
Oh, and what this guy says in his rant.
- Leonard: Leader of the team of Knights, subject of Cisna and Yulie’s affections, pactmaker of Wizel the White Knight.
- Yulie: Leonard’s friend, pactmaker of Luthia the Moon Maiden.
- Eldore: The group’s adviser, from the time of the Dogma age.
- Caesar: New mayor of Greede, Pactmaker of Larvayne the Dragon Knight.
- Cisna: Queen of Balandor, subject of Leonard’s affections, reincarnation of the queen of the Athwani.
- Miu: Farian Princess, granddaughter of the late Archduke of Faria.
- Scardigne: Farian general, protecting Miu, he joins Leonard.
- Avatar: A character that the player can customize and accompany the main cast throughout the game. He or she is also the character used by the player for online multiplayer. Pactmaker of a fully customizable knight.
- Grazel: Magi Organization Leader, pactmaker of Aldomaea the Sun King.
- Shapur: Grazel’s assassin, new pactmaker of Divinas the Black Knight.
- Clyde Ledom: High Priest of the Magi.
- Madoras: Emperor of the former Yshrenia Empire.
I’m on the fence still, because I haven’t really gotten into WKC (I’m busy, dangit, leavemelone) so I will get back to you after I finally have time to finish the first one!