(For the full rundown, check out this article in Gameinformer.)
For the third year in a row, Microsoft and IGDA Women in Games hosted the Women in Gaming Awards. This reception honors the leading women in the gaming industry.
- Rising Star
- Art: Tasha Harris, Animator at Double Fine
- Audio: Emily Ridgeway, Audio Sound Designer at Double Fine
- Business: Kellee Santiago, CEO at ThatGamingCompany
- Design: Chris Trottier, Creative Director at Zynga
- Engineering: Christina Coffin, Platform Specialist at DICE Sweden
- Production: Jade Raymond, Managing Director at Ubisoft Toronto
- Rising Star: Tasha Harris, Animator at Double Fine
The winners included women who were recognized as The Ten Most Influential Women in Games of the Decade to women who teach their trade in universities to women who majored in physics: every kind of woman there can be! These women (including the nominees) had varied tastes and careers. No stereotypes here! I love to see this diversity in the gaming profession, and it gives me new hope for my own career!