Love sci/fi-fantasy and all around geeky things? Well Pat Rothfuss, author of The Name of the Wind and other amazing books, usually runs a yearly fundraiser for Heifer International called Worldbuilders. For every $10 you donate, your name goes in once, and at the end of the fundraiser there’s a drawing where you can win a TON of awesome stuff like signed books, board games, calendars, etc. They’ve already raised more than $3 million dollars for Heifer International over the last couple of years, and now they’re trying something a little different.
They’re doing an IndieGoGo campaign, which they hope will appeal to people who want a sure thing, not just a lottery. Everyone who contributes will definitely get something. What’s up for grabs?
- A pre-order for a Karen Hallion art calendar
- Pat’s personal copy of Settlers of Catan. This is the only copy of the game he’s ever lost with.
- A pre-order for a Princess and Mr. Whiffle coloring book with all-new art by Nate Taylor
- A digital download of the Seven Wallpapers to Make Someone Love You, including an exclusive sneak peek at one of the art pages from the upcoming novella, The Slow Regard of Silent Things.
- A Tinker’s Packs blend of coffee, roasted by local farmers who actually go to Kenya and Mexico to harvest their own coffee.
- Worldbuilders coffee mugs and magnets.
- A brand new Princess and Mr. Whiffle t-shirt
- Mystery book bundles, filled with a variety of novels and anthologies, valued at $150 and $200 and for sale for $35 and $45.
There will be a ton of other cool prizes too. The fundraiser runs from July 7th through the 14th, so if you want to jump on the awesome train to geeky-town, check it out! I will definitely be perusing the wares. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to buy something, remember it’s all for charity!!